The rules of Claremont Golf Club Course were designed to create an enjoyable playing experience for all golfers. Golfers who violate any of these policies will be asked to leave the course without refund. Repeat offenders will be barred from playing Claremont Golf Club and must have written consent from the Director of Golf or Head Golf Professional to return to play. Thank you for your cooperation and adherence to these rules.
General Rules and Conduct
- Each Golfer must have their own bag and clubs. Golfers may not share clubs from one bag.
- Rental clubs are NOT available for use at a tee time if the tee time does not show the option to add a power cart during the reservation process.
- No carts of any type are allowed between greenside bunkers and greens. This includes power and pull carts.
- Only alcoholic beverages purchased in the Golf Shop are permitted on the golf course by OLCC rules.
- Pace of Play is 2 hours and 15 minutes, or better, per nine holes for a foursome and is STRICTLY enforced, especially during busy periods.
- Please keep pace with group in front of you.
- Please play in a manner to assist with smooth pace-of-play including playing ready golf whenever possible, one practice swing only, and only playing an additional golf ball when the rules of golf allow.
- If you are unable to keep pace with the stated pace of play, you may be asked to skip a hole, let others play through, or pick up your golf ball and get back in position with the others on the golf course.
- Golfers are responsible for damage to property and persons. It is not the homeowners’ responsibility to control YOUR errant golf ball!
- The property adjacent to the golf course is private, so please stay on the golf course and leave the balls to the owners who own the property.
- Please repair divots and ball marks. It helps keep our course beautiful and playable.
- White stakes note out of bounds. Red stakes note lateral penalty areas.
- Course Hours vary throughout the year based on sunlight with the first tee time not starting before 7 a.m. on weekends and 7:30 a.m. on weekdays. Course hours are subject to change.
- Rain Checks will be issued in the event the golf course is closed due to heavy rain and/or lightning. Rain checks will be issued as a coupon as a percentage of Greens Fees and Golf Car Fees of holes not played. Golfers are responsible for presenting coupon for redemption.
- No more than 4 registered golfers are allowed to be in a group at any given time. Fivesomes are not allowed and will be asked to split up if they are on the golf course. Exceptions will only be considered on days when the golf course is not busy and at the discretion of the Golf Shop.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed on the golf course at any time. Certified ADA Service animals are allowed but must follow strict ADA guidelines.
- To be eligible for a Resident or Senior discount, a valid state-issued photo identification must be presented. A resident is defined as one who resides in the Claremont residential community. A Senior is defined as a person aged 55 or older.
- Only registered golfers are allowed on the golf course before 3PM. Walkers and non-golfers are allowed to walk with registered golfers after 3PM. All walkers must check-in with Golf Shop prior to going on the golf course.
- The putting green and warm up cages are reserved for registered golfers only and are only available during hours where the Golf Shop is open. Outside practice and use is prohibited. Use during hours outside those where the Golf Shop is open is also prohibited.
- Patrons of Claremont Golf Club including daily fee, annual pass holders, league members, and residents can be asked to leave and face possible legal action or suspension from the golf course through authority from the Claremont Civic Association for:
- Public intoxication
- Disrespectful/inappropriate behavior or language to staff or other patrons
- Violation of state/federal/city laws
- Intentional or blatant damage to the golf course and its contents
- Violation of the rules stated within this page.
- Power cart rental is NOT available for use at a tee time if the tee time does not show the option to add a power cart during the reservation process.
- If a golf cart is requested during online booking, that is only a request for a cart. Due to limited cart availability please check with the Golf Shop before heading out to ensure a cart will be available at your tee time.
- Each golf cart rental fee is for ½ of a golf cart. If you are a single rider and there is another single in your group paying to ride, you will be paired up.
- Riding carts must stay on paths around all tees and greens, approaching at least 30 yards from greens.
- Riding carts must stay on the cart paths on holes 3 and 8.
- No carts of any type are allowed between greenside bunkers and greens. This includes pull carts.
- To rent and operate a golf cart, one must be 18 years old and possess a valid driver's license.
- Golf cart rental or cart trail fee does not imply or grant unlimited access to the golf course.
- Guests abusing the golf cart or golf cart rules will immediately lose privileges.
- Golf carts are restricted to 2 riders.
- Proper golf attire is expected; only appropriately attired golfers are permitted to play!
- NO TANK TOPS.
- Sleeveless shirts are allowed for women.
- Tee shirts with content appropriate in nature and in good repair are permitted.
- Denim is allowed but must be free of rips, holes, or fraying.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
Age Rates and Restrictions
- No children under the age of 7 are allowed on the golf course at any time.
- Juniors are any golfers 17 or younger.
Making or Cancelling a Tee Time
- Tee Times booking windows:
- Public Tee Times and League Blocks - 2 weeks
- Resident Tee Times - 3 weeks
- Annual Members – 4 weeks
- Youth on Course tee times are subject to availability and are only allowable Mon.- Fri. after 2PM and golfers must call day of play and ask about YOC tee time and availability. YOC rates will not be honored for tee times booked online.
- Should you need to cancel your tee time, please do so online or by contacting the Golf Shop at least 24 hours prior to scheduled tee time.
- Parties larger than 12 golfers or seeking to book farther in advance than the allowable booking window must reserve through the Golf Professional.
Checking In & Teeing Off
- Tee Times are every ten (10) minutes.
- All party members must be checked-in and registered with the Golf Shop 15 minutes prior to their tee time. We reserve the right to re-assign times for those not registered 15 minutes prior to tee time.
- Claremont Golf Club reserves the right to pair singles, twosomes, and threesomes to ensure we are sending out foursomes during busier periods.
- All golfers playing need to be ON THE TEE and ready to swing at the set tee time or as directed by the Golf Shop or Starter. Golfers must follow the instructions of the Golf Shop and Starter as to when they can begin play.
- Golfers playing 18 holes must check in with starter or Golf Shop at the turn.
Golfers who violate any of these policies will be asked to leave the course without refund. Repeat offenders will be barred from playing Claremont Golf Club and must have written consent from the Director of Golf or Head Golf Professional to return to play. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance in making this an enjoyable playing experience for all players!